Not alot has been going on this week. I have been trying to catch up on my sleep and I think I finally have. I have not felt very tired all day.

This weekend I ran in the Mardi Gras 5K in downtown Dallas. I wanted to run it in under 30 minutes...but thought I probably wouldn't since it was 5:30 at night and I never run in the afternoon. But as I started running, I was feeling really good. So I kept up a fast pace. But as I looped around and saw the finish line clock (but I had to go past it and then run back about a 1/2 mile) I thought no way am I going to make it. So I backed off a little. The next day I checked my offical time on the website and I was at 30:08! I was 9 seconds from meeting my goal. I guess it took me awhile to cross the starting line. Oh, well, I guess that will be my goal for my next race. No pictures from the race or parade since I forgot my camera and so did all my friends!

No new template yet...but it is coming. Just trying to build it up :)

4 comments:

K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe said...

So close...I am still very impressed with 30:08! Oh yes, and I am very excited for the new template!

Brenda said...

With all this talk about your new template you are under a lot of pressure to not disappoint. Good job on the race.

The Dishmons said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! The running is going good so far. I just finished my 1.75 mile week. That has gotten easy...but I know next week will be tough. I'm hurting....but hopefully that will pass too! Josh and I leave for Virginia tomorrow and are staying a really nice hotel with a workout facility that has individual TV's attached to every treadmill...so hopefully that will make working out a lot easier!:) I hope you guys have a great Valentine's Day and weekend!

CrazyUncle said...

Of course, I'd be running in marathons too if the old war injury in my knees wasn't acting up. Congrats on your time. Did you have to go sit in a freezing pool afterwards?