Too Hot To Handle - July 18th

Justin and I ran the Too Hot to Handle 15K race at White Rock Lake this Sunday. It was supposed to start at 7:30 but was delayed until almost 8:00. It was a tough and hot race. I ran it in 2007 and swore I would never do it again. I let Justin and my running group talk me into again. Now really NEVER again! It is too hot for a race in Dallas in July. The high for the day was over 100 so I don't even want to know how hot it was when we finished around 9:45. I was exhausted all day! I didn't get any pictures of the event so I went on the website to look for a generic start or finish line photo...and found a pic of me! Out of the over 2,500 participants, I made it into one of the 50 or so photos on the website. The guy in front of me is my pace group leader, Hans. Oh, I finished in 1:43 which seemed pretty good to me especially in the heat. It is a full 5 minutes faster than my 2007 time.


1 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

if history is any indication, we'll see you again at Too Hot to Handle in 2013.