My Commute

In Dallas, I drove 13 miles each way to my office downtown fighting traffic for 25 minutes to an hour depending on the day and time.  In Auckland, I walk 8 blocks to my office on the harbor enjoying the sun shining off the water.  Not a bad trade.  To be fair, the walk is less enjoyable when it rains (which it does often) but a door to door commute of under 10 minutes is hard to beat no matter the weather.  This week has been nothing but sunshine with lows in the upper 40's and highs in the low 60's and I have loved every minute of my morning and afternoon walks!
Just outside our apartment on Princes Wharf this morning

2 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

I know what you mean!

CrazyUncle said...

I am hoping that when you say your temps are between the 40s and the 60s, you are using US measures of Fahrenheit and not metric. Sounds like a pretty nice commute, though.