Balcony Visitor

I have a plant that was looking very sad so I sat it out on our balcony to get some sun. We now live on the third floor and our balcony is barely big enough to walk out on. I left the plant out there for about a day. Then Justin went to get it and a bird flew off, we thought out of the plant. When the bird flew off, we saw her nest between an empty pot and the wall with a little egg in it. She had built the nest in one day! We checked back later that night and it turns out it is a cute little dove. She has since laid another egg!

I read that it takes about two to three weeks for the eggs to hatch so I guess we'll let her live there until then. She has gotten comfortable with us and lets us walk out onto the balcony without flying away.

In other news....I got a table for our kitchen this weekend at Ikea. The picture below is just where I got the idea. I'll post real ones at some point. It looks cute plus we no longer have to eat every meal on the couch. We also put some shelves up in the laundry room. I am going to store food on them since we don't have a true pantry.

5 comments:

Brenda Walker said...

That is cool, you have a pet dove. My dad will be jealous! Does that table fold down when not in use? That is pretty cool!

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Wow, you've always kinda liked birds, and now you don't have to clean out a cage or anything!

Brenda Walker said...

That is cool that you have a little visitor. Your table is cool. That might even be something that we could get for our little house. There is an IKEA in Sacramento now. That is the closest one to us. Only about 3 hours away.

Auntie Eisel said...

That's really neat that the dove just decided to move in. What a great deal! I hope you get to see the little baby birds, and that they don't try to go away.

Caleb said...

Don't let the dove slobber all over! That's cool. Tell us if and when the egg hatches.