13.1 Miles!!

I finished my first half marathon yesterday! I ran 13.1 miles in a little over 2 hours. The race started and ended downtown at the American Airlines Center. I also completed my fund raising last week. I raised $1,570 which is only $30 short of goal! It was a great experience altogether. Karen (our team capitan) ask me to join the team next season as a mentor. This means I will have a group of trainees that I will serve as a mentor in fundraising and to get them involved in the group. I get to train with the group and attend events but I am not required to fundraise. I am really excited because I was sad to not get to train with them anymore but I didn't want to do another fundraising campaign until next year. So this works out perfectly! Now a few pictures from the big race (over 10,000 participants this year).



Me in front of the starting line before the race.


Everyone lined up for the start of the full marathon.


Me after the race with my medal and flowers!

4 comments:

Auntie Eisel said...

You're crazy! I don't think I could ever make it that far. Did you really run the entire way? I'm glad you had a good time though.

Brenda Walker said...

I must say, I think you should probably tell your mentees to call me so I can tell them not to try to run that far!

K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe said...

pretty amazing, im very impressed. i could never do that...i'm glad you had fun and have it to look forward to again next year.`

Mimi and Poppy said...

Yea Lindsay! We're so proud of you. I'm so shocked someone who is my child can do this! We're looking forward to the next race and promise to show up in regular clothes!