New Senior Manager Training

I just spent 6 days in Kuala Lumpur for Ernst & Young New Senior Manager Training.  It was full on but I definitely had a great time.  A few of the highlights....

Meeting colleagues from all over our Asia Pacific area including Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, Korea, the Philippines, and many others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Getting to know my New Zealand colleagues a little better.

Seizing the opportunity to network and serve as leader of the group.

Learning about creating meaningful client connections, negotiation techniques, and many sales strategies (seriously, we are lucky to receive such comprehensive soft skills training at EY).

Having the opportunity to practice my presentation and proposal skills through numerous simulations.

Learning "how" to eat numerous Chinese and Asian dishes from my colleagues.

Exploring a little bit of Kuala Lumpur.

Overall enjoying my first visit to Asia despite the heat and humidity!

View from the Sunway hotel of the connected waterpark

Front of the Sunway Hotel and Resort

Across the street from the hotel...motorbikes were everywhere!

The Sunway Pyramid Mall which was connected to our hotel






1 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

I used to always stay at the InterContinental near City Centre. I would also go out an see the town like you did. On workdays, the hotel had a fleet of Mercedes that they would use to ferry us down to Seremban and then back again at the end of the day. And somewhere ebtween the two cities was a place that the team used to take us for satay and that yummy peanut sauce. Good memories. Thanks for sharing yours.