Tonight I am in Houston for a meeting tomorrow morning. On the plus side, I am leaning on two feather pillows in a room that is 65 degrees at the Four Seasons. On the downside, I am bored watching John and Kate Plus 8. I was also surfing the internet trying to find a book for my book club to read. So I am taking suggestions. What good books have you read? We just read a mystery by James Patterson so I want something a little different than that. Now I'm off to put my shoes out to get shined (free service here at 4 Seasons) and turn the air slightly up...I know...that is a crime in Texas in July...to admit I'm cold...but it is the first time in awhile. In fact, the air was not working on our flight and the flight attendant actually ask all of us to turn on the personal air thingys to help cool the plane off.

3 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

If enough of you had turn on your personal air thingys, it also might have helped the plane move faster, huh? Oo, sorry about the flight. No air con sounds uncomfortable.Hmm. Good books? I think I'll let G-Mom comment on that. No wait, have you read any of the Jeffrey Deaver books about Lincoln Rhyme? He is a paraplegic detective. They made a movie out of The Bone Collector starring Denzel Washington. It was a poor imitation of the books, though. I got Mom started on them with The Vanished Man, which involves magic. It is fun. Try that. OK, this was just a quick comment that ended up long. Sorry.

The McGuire's said...

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, couldn't put it down!

Caleb said...

Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn is an excellent book. What happens if you put out a pair of flip-flops to get shined?