New Zealand

I think most people who follow my blog probably already know our exciting news...but just in case...Justin and I are moving to New Zealand!  We are doing a rotation with my firm, Ernst & Young.  I will be working in the Auckland, New Zealand office beginning February 2, 2012!  The rotation will last about 18 months and then we will be moving back to Dallas.  We are beyond excited to start this new adventure!  We applied for the rotation back in January anticipating that if we were placed at all, it would be in London.  About 3 weeks ago, leadership called and asked if I would be interested in New Zealand.  It was completely out of the blue!  I honestly didn't even know which side of Australia, New Zealand was on when we accepted the offer!  After some research and few days in denial that we were actually moving across the world, we discovered that New Zealand is awesome!  There are so many exciting things to do there like mountain biking, trail running, river running, and bungee jumping!   The weather seems perfect to me...highs in the 50's in the winter (our summer) and highs in the 70's in the summer (our winter).  We are so excited and appreciate your prayers and support as we start a new chapter in our life!

5 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

What an AMAZING opportunity!!! That's way cool :)

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to visit!!

Brenda Walker said...

So excited for y'all. What a great experience! Can't wait to hear stories from your adventure

Justin said...

Who is anonymous? I'm worried about who is planning on visiting me.

CrazyUncle said...

Hmm. What did Justin mean when he commented about people "planning to visit me?" I'm pretty sure Lindsay will be there, too. If there is any way possible, I hope to visit Justin. Oh yeah, and Lindsay, too.

Congrats. The expatriate life can be exciting.