Kindred Spirits

As I was reading Bossypants (Tina Fey's book) last night, I came upon the following passage.  How eloquently she voices our shared understanding of the animal kingdom.

"I have no affinity for animals.  I don't hate animals and I would never hurt an animal; I just don't actively care about them.  When a coworker shows me cute pictures of her dog, I struggle to respond correctly, like an autistic person who has been taught to recognize human emotions from flash cards."

Form your own opinion of me based on this admission, but I hope most of you know me well enough to realize, I am actually not a mean person....I just don't enjoy animals in general.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I forgive your lack of emotion towards pets. I also LOVED Bossypants! I listened to the audio book and its so funny to hear her reading it.

CrazyUncle said...

It's a good thing that Atticus can't read (or can he?)!